[Icecast-dev] MySQL/HTTP Auth

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Thu Dec 30 21:00:58 PST 2004

At 06:53 PM 12/30/2004, you wrote:
>On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 00:16, andrew at tranceairwaves.com wrote:
> > mmm, i thought some of the listener authentication has been looked at with
> > this ? ie. listener wants to connect, provides username,passowrd in URL,
> > icecast goes and looks in a MySQL database.
>
>The only work that has anything like this is in my branch where I've
>implemented url auth.  It works as-is but I do want to change some of
>the internal thread parts of it.
>
>In theory mysql auth could also be done, but that has not been
>implemented.
>
>karl.

merging in karl's URL-based auth is on the todo for the next
release.  There has been quite a number of requests for this, and I think
it is about time we deliver on it.  I'm pretty sure we'll just do URL based
since that provides the most flexibility (and thats what karl has
implemented).   I don't think there is any reason to provide a "Mysql"
authentication mechanism, because that is a fairly trivial thing once
URL-based auth is implemented.

oddsock