[Icecast-dev] Speex support?

Robby Dermody robbyd at u20.org
Sun Dec 26 18:48:52 PST 2004

Is Ogg Speex streaming support planned for icecast? I didn't see mention
of speex support for it anywhere (including the source). Looking through
the source, it looks like such support would be somewhat trivial for
someone that knew what they were doing. Would I be correct in my
assumption that the easiest way to do this would be to write a
format_speex.c and .h file from format_vorbis.c/.h that conforms to the
Speex in Ogg encapsulation spec at
http://www.speex.org/manual2/node7.html#SECTION00073000000000000000  ?
It also seems that libshout would require some slight modifications
(e.x. a new FORMAT_ specified for SPEEX).

Thanks,

Robby