[icecast-dev] Build Problems on CYGWIN

Jeff Morgan jeffmorgan_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 16:38:39 PDT 2004

Just started looking at icecast and am trying to play
with LibShout. My dev environment is cygwin at the
moment. I managed to build libOgg and LibVorbis but
seem to have run into a problem with Libshout.

The configure script complains about winsock32.h (and
tells me to email this group). See the attached
log.txt for details.

I also include an edited config.log so you can see the
details of the problem.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Jeff

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash

checking winsock2.h usability... no
checking winsock2.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to icecast-dev at xiph.org ##
checking for winsock2.h... yes
checking for library containing sethostent... none required
checking for library containing getnameinfo... no
checking for endhostent... yes
checking for getaddrinfo... no