[icecast-dev] proposal: new library, libicecommon

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun Apr 4 20:46:33 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:49:45AM +1100, Michael Smith wrote:

> I'm told (by Ralph) that subversion _does_ allow this, though it's not
> currently set up. I'd prefer that solution, as it's simpler for users to
> figure out.

This is what I meant by 'slightly more complicated than that'.

ubversion does have an auto-check-out-these-modules hack. It still
treats them as separate checkouts though, so you have remember to commit
changes there separately. This is considered a bug upstream, and
probably isn't a big deal, since updates do work properly.

The problem is, we use http: urls for read-only access and svn+ssh: urls
for read-write access. And the auto-checkout can't remap. So we could
use it for one and make the other do things by hand.

We could use http: for read-write as well. This means using ssl
certificates for authentification. We didn't do that because everyone
already had ssh access set up and I didn't want to bother you all.
Aside from no one having written an ssl-agent, I can't think of a reason
we couldn't do that instead.

 -r