[icecast-dev] icecast2 ogg vorbis client request headers

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Thu Apr 1 20:15:22 PST 2004

At 08:54 PM 4/1/2004, you wrote:
>Well the code itself is what i took from tom peppers sc proxy script and
>incorperated our own auth system for icecast2
>i know i got it close with ogg and it seems to be when i tweak the
>$str.=fread($sp,4096);
>bit amount, i get different results, 4096 works fine for mp3 on icecast2 and
>shoutcast, but im assuimg maybe there is more or less to read from
>the ogg headers?? if so what would be the correct amount?

the correct amount would vary depending on what your http response headers
look like.

don't read a flat 4096 amount, this will (as Mike said) most likely read in
part of the vorbis headers, and since your throwing away this 4096 bytes,
you are throwing away part of the vorbis headers, which are required to be
sent first in a vorbis stream.

o instead of reading 4096, just read a byte at a time until you get a
character series "\r\n\r\n"...then you know your at the end of the http
header and you won't be thowing away vorbis critical data..

oddsock