[icecast-dev] Updating metadata on Icecast2

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Nov 28 08:18:08 PST 2003

I think if you pass in song=Led+Zeppelin+-+Song+Remains+The+Same then
icecast will interpret the artist and song appropriately...I can't look
at the code from where I am now, but I think this is the case... It
pretty much assumes that Artist and Song are separated by a -...I
believe this was just a temporary solution at the time, but seemed to
work good in general...

oddsock

> Cool - got that working nicely :)
>

> Some stations seem to have the Artist and Title of the song:
>
> http://ogg.smgradio.com:80/status.xsl
>
> Any idea how the two are passed separately ?
>

> When I listen to the stream in Audion, the Artist and Title are
> seperate in that too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> nick.
>

> >On Friday 28 November 2003 06:32, Nicholas Humfrey wrote:
> >>  Hi,
> >>

> >>  What parameters should be passed to update the metadata on an
Icecast2
> >>  server ?
> >>
> >>  When I do this:
> >>
> >>  curl -u admin:letmein