[icecast-dev] does IceCast & listeners logging

Guillaume Duveau guillaumeduveau at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 26 04:24:42 PST 2003

OK, it seems I have a problem with my configuration because the streams only last 83 seconds.

I think IceCast's logging is OK with Constant Bit Rate because you can easily calculate how long somebody has been listening to the
radio as you have the Bit Rate and you know when the listeners left, and because GET shows it's a listener, not a source.

But what about Variable Bit Rate, possible with Ogg Vorbis ? It's more difficult to know how long somebody has been listening...

In general I think it would be more clear (and maybe not a large cost to modify the logging in IceCast ?) to notify the beginning
and the end of a listener's session.

I'm talking about using IceCast for commercial purposes. I think that method would be more efficient when you have to convince an
announcer that you have a precise measure of your audience !
Guix