[icecast-dev] Bug in ices, playlist mode (ices kh47, libshout kh22)

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Tue Nov 25 04:46:06 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 09:30, iceuse at kezako.net wrote:
> Hello, I will take your last version, but I have fresher news about the bug that occurs every mornings in fact...
> I think this is ntpdate which is causing the problem, as the time of the machine change for more than one second.

> It is with passthru enable. But ices is not reencoding, just writing and writing logging... 8Mo per 15 minutes...
> the problems started exactly at the time of cron, and the only think suspect in cron is ntpdate (we have cpu graph with mrtg)

ah, yes, big time jumps do affect timing critical apps in a big
way. Check with the kh48 I have on my dir as that has the timer
reset code fixed.

The time jump should be logged but only once, the timer resets to
the new time and continues.   If you don't want the big jump in
the clock then you're best having the ntpdate called more frequently.

karl.