[icecast-dev] Source deconnection bug in icecast?

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Nov 20 05:26:31 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 09:14, iceuse at kezako.net wrote:
> Hello,
> Yesterday evening, I installed icecast kh13 with your latest libshout.
> We have to wait 1, 2 or three days to see what is happening...

ok, although libshout isn't required by either cvs icecast or my burst
on connect mods.   My libshout is really for the ices2 mods I have, but
is backward compatible with libshout v2 so it shouldn't break any apps.

> Yes, the samplerate 19404 is exactly what I asked ices to do... Just a compromise between bitrate and samplerate to have a better sound quality.
> Regarding to that, I didn't found the option to set the ouput rate in ices kh47, and also I was wondering how to have a stdin pcm input module...

ok, 19404 is not one I've seen used, not quite sure if there any
particular issues with uncommon samplerates in libvorbis itself, but
obviously your running ok, so maybe not...

for my ices2 mods you can used different samplerate/channels for input,
so you have 2 possibilities. Don't state anything and the outgoing
rate/channels are the same as input, or if you want to fix the outgoing
rate to say 22050 then use <resample>,  or <downmix> for the channels.

The stdinpcm module was renamed to pcm, by default it reads from stdin
like the stdinpcm module does but you can also state a command to run
where it can get pcm data.

karl