[icecast-dev] Re: Fwd: More fallback handling

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Wed Nov 5 06:44:34 PST 2003

At 08:34 AM 11/5/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm the author of the patch in question. Mike emailed me to say that he
>was not very much convinced the run command features would be useful. He
>also mentioned that the implementatiton is problematic.

first off I'd like to say that we really do appreciate the work you did,
and we encourage (very much so) contributions from other developers..this
is the kind of thing that helps icecast tremendously...

that being said, here are my thoughts on this patch...

I'm not a big fan of the "run command" features.  I believe that adds a bit
too much complexity (not to mention the fact that this approach won't work
in win32) for the benefit it provides.

The fallback enhancements though I think are really very good and should be
included in icecast.  This is a bit of a complicated scenario so it might
take a bit to get it integrated and tested, but definately worthwhile.

oddsock