[icecast-dev] Icecast User Login Question

AMY E. BEAM beamae at email.uc.edu
Mon Nov 3 11:46:55 PST 2003

Hello,

I have stumbled upon your email address in my search for
finding an answer to a problem I'm looking into for school.

I attend the Univ. of Cincinnati and am working on my Senior
Design Capstone project. I am working with a local
independent radio station, WOXY, which is interested in
updating its streaming radio to Icecast. I have taken this
project under my wing and have tried to determine if it's
doable.

My question is that WOXY would like to have a subscription
service to their Icecast server so that they could stream
more then 56Kb to their users. However I have been unable to
find any documentation for Icecast 2 that says they have user
login capability. I see that Icecast 1 does use a flat text
file for general user login. Do you know if Icecast 2 is
planning anything like this? Do you have any suggestions as
to where I can find out this information?

I really appreciate your help and look forward to your answer!

Thank you very much!
Amy