[icecast-dev] Metadata

Louis Louw louis at audiorealm.com
Fri Mar 21 06:51:19 PST 2003

Hi!

Been trying to figure out how to stream metadata. I got metadata streaming working for MP3, but just cant seem to make it work for Ogg?

This is how I *think* it works - please correct me where I'm wrong:

1. For MP3 the metadata is updated via a HTTP GET (aka Old shoutcast method, just new URL /admin/)
2. For Ogg the metadata is embedded directly into the stream using a comment packet? I tried this with no luck though. Only the very first header comments show up, nothing more.

If somebody has some example code of how to send metadata for Ogg to Icecast2 it would be greatly apprecaited! :)

Thanx in advance
Louis