[icecast-dev] OT: SXSW Music Fest Live via Ices/Icecast

David Rose doppler at homebrew.servebeer.com
Sat Mar 15 10:47:35 PST 2003

Michael Collins and I have worked our asses off in an attempt to broadcast
live Vorbis from the SXSW 2003 Music Festival this week. We're using a
large wifi network to pull the audio from several clubs over to the
convention center where we have an Xserve running Gentoo serving up the
Icecast streams.

Despite the lack of docs, we've had no problem with Ices and Icecast from
CVS. The big hurdle has been the wifi networking and getting the poor old
Mac G3 clients and mics to work.

Anyway, check it out tonight at http://sxsw.com/music/livestreams/ from
8pm-2am CST.

Oh, and thanks for the help over the past few months.

David Rose
webmaster, sxsw.com