[icecast-dev] Call for testing: libshout 2.0 beta 2

Brendan Cully brendan at xiph.org
Wed Jul 2 11:46:50 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I've just released beta 2 of libshout 2.0, the icecast 2 compatible
streaming library.

http://xiph.org/~brendan/beta/libshout-2.0b2.tar.gz

Libshout 2.0 adds support for icecast 2, Ogg streaming, and IPv6. Ogg
and Vorbis are now prerequisites.

Changes since beta 1:
* lots and lots of autoconf. Thanks to Karl Heyes for his help here.
* a fix for unusual MP3 bitrates contributed by Pritpaul Mahal.
* two new API features: shout_init and shout_shutdown. Applications
  are required to call these before and after (respectively) using
  the shout library, especially in threaded applications.

Please build and test it on as many platforms as possible, so that we
can do an official release in the very near future. There are no known
issues, but it has only been tested on a few platforms (recent linux,
solaris, freebsd and Mac OS X systems).

I received hardly any feedback on beta 1. I'm hoping for more in this
beta, including "works for me on system ..." reports.

Thanks,

-b