[icecast-dev] PATCH: Faststart Try 3

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Jan 21 01:38:35 PST 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 11:37, Ricardo Galli wrote:
> Hi Mike
> 	Find enclosed the patch with the fastart implementation for vorbis (for
> the moment).
> Now is based on size in bytes and the buffers are sent all together with
> pre_data.
>
> Hope you like it. At least is the smallest one: :-)

Ricardo,

This is much improved. There are a few things to clean up (comments, for
instance, since we're not targetting C99), plus actually writing the generic
implementation for get_predata() (which at the moment only mp3 will use), but
the design looks fine. I'm unlikely to have time to finish off these last
details and merge to cvs this week, and I'm out of the country next week, so
it could be a while until this gets to cvs - but don't think that I've
forgotten it because of that.

Mike