[icecast-dev] icecast2 transcode?

Blake Watters sbw at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Feb 24 16:56:38 PST 2003

You might want to take a look at the darkice live audio streamer. It will simultaneously encode vorbis and mp3 streams from a single audio source and push them to icecast/icecast2. I'd configure it so that the mp3 and ogg streams are pushed to icecast2 and provide identically named mountpoints with .mp3 and .ogg extensions. Gotta love simplicity.

http://darkice.sourceforge.net

Blake