[icecast-dev] icecast2 transcode?

David Rose doppler at homebrew.servebeer.com
Mon Feb 24 15:30:51 PST 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 03:47:08PM -0800, Scott Manley wrote:
> I remember working with a company called clubcastlive.com who were
> essentially doing the same thing - always wondered what happened to them
> - I guess as an internet company they went out of business.
>
> S&M

Yes. We worked with ClubCastLive in 2000. It was very very cool.

One of the reasons they went out of business was that they had to
support DSL lines into all the venues, which was of course very expensive.

What we're doing is using Wifi, and it's currently only planned to
operate for five nights, using loaned equipment and comped bandwidth.

We'd love for it to be percieved as really cool and valuable and have
someone step up to buy the equipment and future bandwidth, make
agreements with the clubs, and make this a full-year-round feature
similar to ClubcastLive.

Just thought I'd share...

Sorry for the OT-ness :-)

David Rose