[icecast-dev] Icecast 2: planned stuff.

Pierre Amadio pierre.amadio at libertysurf.fr
Sun Feb 2 06:46:54 PST 2003

Hi there.

> > - syslog logging
>
> Not sure if that's really all that worthwhile. What's the reasoning behind
> this one?

Nothing particular, i was just thinking it's cool to have a centralised
way of dealing with logs when i was writing the list of potential todo
stuff. Not a big deal if it's not done.

> > - having a nice graphical or web interface around this.
>
> This is something I'd like, but my HTML design skills are somewhat lacking (it
> always comes out looking ugly :-)

I would preferabilly have a way to get information in raw xml and post
order with GET or POST rather than a hard coded web interface so
everybody could use those features and intergated it in any application they
would be developping. So it looks like that's the way you are already
choosing.

> My plan doesn't really extend in any concrete way very far - but if we know
> people are working on one feature, then we can stay away from that part of
> the code until your bits are ready.

I have forwarded your mail to our mailing list. As soon as we know
exactly how the student project is doing we will post news here.

> As for cvs - we're generally happy to give access to people who have shown an
> ongoing interest in developing, and have submitted at least a few
> high-quality patches. Again, however, if you want to have your own private
> server, you'd have to provide it yourself - and we won't give cvs access to
> people who have not proven their ability to contribute sufficiently good
> code.

This sounds wise.

> I think docbook would probably be the best approach to take with this.
> However, if there's a compelling reason to use something else, that's
> generally fine.

Ok. My personnal todo list now have on top of the heap: docbook rtfming
:)

I will keep in touch as soon as i have read the doc, and wrote something
that start to be usefull.

Have a nice day.

Pierre Amadio