[icecast-dev] Ices2 Script Playlist Handler

Deven Phillips dphillips at gothic-hawaii.com
Tue Dec 23 13:21:44 PST 2003

Okay then!! Why does the default conf file still say "Only 'basic'
implemented"? It took me pouring over the code to figure out what the
proper option names are for the script playlist settings. We should
provide an example config. Here's mine.

                        <module>playlist</module>
                        <param name="type">script</param><!-- 'basic' or
'script' -->
                        <param
name="program">/home/dphillips/bin/playlist.php</param> <!-- be sure
this exists, is executable, and returns only a single mp3 with full path
at a time -->
                                                          then exits.
-->
                </input>

> On Tuesday 23 December 2003 05:11, Deven Phillips wrote:
> > I am just curious as to if the Ices2 Script playlist option is even able
> > to be tested as yet? I would love to have this option available, as it
> > was (and will be again) an integral part of my web site. If there is
> > anything I can do to help speed the development along, I would be more
> > than happy to contribute. I had written a MySQL playlist handler for the
> > original Ices, and I really love the idea of the script playlist, where
> > I could just write a quick PHP/PERL/Python script to access the Database.
> >

> It works and has been well tested.
>
> Mike

Deven Phillips
DJ D-Spair