[icecast-dev] Missing headers in Icecast2

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sun Dec 7 18:19:07 PST 2003

On Saturday 06 December 2003 17:12, Macsym wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> I just checked in Icecast1 source, the line:
>
> if (client_wants_content_length (con))
> 	    sock_write (con->sock, "Cache-Control: no-cache\r\nPragma:
> no-cache\r\nConnection: close\r\nContent-Length: 54000000\r\n");
>

> is located in "client.c". Shouldn't I add this line in "client.c" of
> Icecast2 instead of "format_mp3.c" as you advised me? If so, what should I
> add exactly and where in the code (of Icecast2's client.c)?

After some discussion off-list with Jack:

This is done for compatibility with broken clients (including IE, and
presumably flash-in-IE). Upsides: it sort of works. Downsides: it has a fixed
content-length, so the client will terminate after a finite period of time.
It needs to be reasonably small, because the same broken clients pre-buffer a
fixed percentage of the stream (so making it essentially infinite in length,
such that the client never terminates, isn't an option).

We should do this (based on User-Agent, once we have a list of fucked clients)
in icecast2.

Mike