[icecast-dev] Compiling Icecast2 on RedHat9 or maybe another Linux

Dave St John dstjohn at mediacast1.com
Sat Dec 6 23:49:16 PST 2003

Compiling programs can be a daunting task, it shouldnt be but thats how
linux is when starting out.
The configure script is merely looking for xslt-config
you can do the following
locate xslt-config

it should be under /usr/bin/
If it isnt get a copy of libxslt on rpmfind.net
or do the following from the command prompt
wget
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/libxslt-1.0.27-3.i386.rpm
wget
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/9/en/os/i386/SRPMS/libxslt-1.0.27-3.src.rpm

then

rpm -ivh libxslt-1.0.27-3.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh libxslt-1.0.27-3.src.rpm

further more to get a list of compile time options you can type
./configure ---help
to get a full list of flags to enter,
now run the autogen.sh script again, or you can do the following
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/icecast2 --with-xslt-config=/usr --with-curl
=/usr --with-ogg=/usr

assuming all libs are installed under /usr and not /usr/local
not sure what the default location autogen.sh looks for all libs, but play
with it and im sure you will eventualy get it.

Hope that helps

Mediacast1 Administration