[icecast-dev] Patches - Was: Stream metadata settings

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Dec 2 06:23:05 PST 2003

At 11:57 AM 12/2/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 02 December 2003 01:23, Melanie wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > this is the first patch, it implements some basic multilevel fallback
> > handling logic, the time window and the no mount option.
> >
> > New options are possible within an <mount> section:
> >
> > <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
> >
> > This will allow a source connecting to a mount point to steal the clients
> > from it's fallback mount. All clients of the fallback are transferred to
> > the pending queue of the newly connected source.
> > If the main source drops out, it's clients will, by means of
> > <fallback-mount>, be connected to the fallback source. With this turned on,
> > when the main source comes back online, the clients will be shifted back on
> > reconnect. Without it, the clients will keep listening to the fallback.
> >
> > <no-mount>1</no-mount>
>
>These two are the major ones - I think this is a great new feature. However,
>we're trying to stabilise for 2.0 in the very near future, so I think this is
>probably more suitable for 2.1 (Note: we're hoping that 2.1 won't be long
>after 2.0, so this shouldn't delay it TOO long). Obviously, this sort of
>thing changes the core server logic quite a bit.
maybe I'm missing something, but can't you implement this by just
specifying <max-listeners>0 at the <mount> level ? That would prevent
anyone from connecting directly to the stream, but would still allow
fallback transfers....

Also, I'm not sure we need a config option for the "steal clients back"..I
think that should be the default behavior, as I cannot think of a scenario
where you'd want to fallback to a mount point and never bring those clients
back to the original mount point when it becomes available again...The
configuration file is complicated enough as is....

oddsock