[icecast-dev] Vorbis in Macromedia Flash (was Icecast in...)

Macsym macsym69 at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 2 03:41:57 PST 2003

Hi everybody,
Here is a copy of an email I sent to Macromedia requesting ogg support in
Flash.
MAX

"Hi,

As a Flash, Dreamweaver, freehand. developer for years now, I would like to
suggest Macromedia a new feature in the next release of Flash. Importing an
mp3 file into Flash is possible since Flash MX but I think an important part
of Flash developers would appreciate if the .Ogg Vorbis format was
supported. "Ogg Vorbis is a completely open, patent-free, professional audio
encoding and streaming technology with all the benefits of Open Source."
(http://www.vorbis.com). It produces better results than mp3 in terms of
quality and compression. I don't have any financial interest in Vorbis, I am
just advising Macromedia about the "should be included" new features of
Flash.

Cheers,

Maxime"