[icecast-dev] remote control, was Re: SQL Based playlist plugin

Gerd Flaig gefla at pond.sub.org
Sun Aug 10 04:55:57 PDT 2003

Deven Phillips <dphillips at gothic-hawaii.com> writes:

> I know that there are capabilities to write plugins in PERL and
> Python, but I don't like either. I have written a playlist manager
> and randomizer, but I am having problems understanding how to
> integrate the proggy as a plugin into ices.. Can anyone point me a
> to a good reference?

well, a sound way to get the desired functionality would be to invent
a remote control protocol for ices with the ability to add/remove
sources and sinks, change parameters and modify playlists. You would
then integrate a plugin that speaks this protocol over some kind of
communication mechanism (e.g. a TCP socket) and make your manager
program speak to that connection.

         Goodbyte, Gerd.

--
Nichts komplizierteres als die Wahrnehmung.