[Interopcast-general][icecast-dev] about translatingdocumentation, but not only documentation.

Lee Azzarello lee at fallingforward.net
Mon Aug 4 09:42:13 PDT 2003

Ices is pretty stable for many uses, I would save the time and look into
adding PortAudio support to it. Karl H has a version not in CVS that
impliments callbacks, if I understand it correctly.

Also, there is no common plugin API that's cross platform. But there is no
doubt that Ices needs plugin support for basic things like
compression/limiting and EQ. I would recommend setting up a build
environment that uses the platform's native plugin API, for example LADSPA
for Linux and AudioUnits for OS X. Then the build script would detect the
platform and link to the right library. This is what a program called
Audacity does for it's plugins support, although it doesn't do AudioUnits
in OS X yet.

I used to be involved with OS X audio development but have since moved to
Linux, so I'm not too up to date with OS X software.

-l[e^2]
http://www.fallingforward.net/
people experimenting with music, art and technology