[Interopcast-general][icecast-dev] about translating documentation, but not only documentation.

Mickaël Floc'hlay flochlay at enseirb.fr
Fri Aug 1 02:34:43 PDT 2003

> -  Three of us worked on the new IcecastAdmin part and they wish to
> continue their work
> in september. The IcecastAdmin part is at the moment a standalone
> process that listen for
> securised connections (OpenSSL) from browsers and allow the client to
> modify the
> XML configuration file of Icecast. It could then merge into Icecast as a
> thread and be used
> to make hot securised modifications to the Icecast server.

I'm one of the "three of us".

Right now, we made some stuff (although IcecastAdmin is not currently
usable). Basically, it consists of both a web server and an admin site.
The problem we met is that not all the browsers send back our server the
content of the HTML table fields (in fact, we do receive incorrect HTTP
post requests and we don't know why) we need.

We are now considering that it may be a good idea to use, at first, an
extern HTTP server like Apache for example. Consequently, we could make
a usable program and then try to adapt it to make it standalone. When
all of this will be done, maybe we could include it as a thread in Icecast.

We don't have currently enough time to make that but we will at the end
of september.

Mickaël Floc'hlay