[Interopcast-general][icecast-dev] about translating documentation, but not only documentation.

Louis Louw louis at audiorealm.com
Fri Aug 1 02:23:32 PDT 2003

> The main problem we encountered was the difficulty to find an MP3
streamer that was
> compatible with Icecast2.
http://www.spacialaudio.com/products/winamp/
That can stream to Icecast2 in Ogg  and MP3 format
(Actually make sure to grab the yet-to-be-released version here:
http://www.spacialaudio.com/beta/dsp_sam_encoders.exe )

>(but MP3 was not developped to be  streamed, as you know...)
Actually it was. Thats why each frame contains all the needed information to
decode that frame. The mp3 format simply lacks a lot of the stuff we
currently expect from streaming audio and is pretty hard to extend without
"hacking" the formal specs...

The work you sounds very interesting though. Would love to see better
support for MP3 in IceCast2 though...

Cheerz
Louis
http://www.spacialaudio.com