[icecast-dev] speex support in icecast

EBALARD Arnaud ebalard at enseirb.fr
Sun Apr 27 01:56:54 PDT 2003

Hello,

If someone want to look at what we did on ICECAST (we = 8 people from
ENSEIRB (France)),
he can just checkout from the CVS on Savannah
(subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/interopcast,
cvs co ENSEIRB)
We worked on format, streambuf, source, and tried to have a more logical
way of serving clients.
We also created a new generic ogg plugin which toggle to the right ogg
encapsulated format
( now, vorbis and speex, but fLaC shouldn't be to hard to include) but
we got some problem to
reinitialize some structures (vorbis comment and vorbis info) so it
isn't very stable. It's a work
in progress. MP3 wasn't tested because we were unable to find a
compatible MP3 streamer
(try with darkice, liveice, shout, shoutcast, ...)

We are now trying to write some documentation on ICECAST in order for
future developpers to
start working more quickly than we did....

PLEASE, LET YOU KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT WE DID.

Arnaud ebalard