[icecast-dev] 'ice_login' not in icecast.xml ?

paranoid at dds.nl paranoid at dds.nl
Thu Oct 10 15:33:23 PDT 2002

Hello all,

When I want to retrieve the stats.xml file, the browser sends me an
authenticxation popup. Perfect.

The only thing, I can't find the location where username for this login is
defined and set. Browsing through the src code, I tracked it down to the
config.h file.

It seems for authentication a config variable 'ice_login' is used. However,
it is not mentioned in the config file icecast.xml. I tried adding it
myself, but this does not work.

Is this a bug or something under construction? The authentication to
config.h is added in revision 1.8, but it seems to me the icecast.xml is
not updated to this.

...or am I simply overlooking some things?

Regards,
Frank