[icecast-dev] Icecast Protocol Information

tsethi tsethi at usc.edu
Tue May 21 11:10:43 PDT 2002

Hello,

I am working on a project which requires some analysis on a stream of
data. I thought Icecast would be a cool thing to use to send data(music).
However its turning out to be painfully hard to get definitive info on the
Icecast stream protocol-headers,etc. I am trying to sniff, look at the
code, Google, etc but..

a) Does anybody have definitve info on how Icecast packages the music and
sends it across?

b) any good protocol reverse engg techniques?

thanks in advance.

Tushaar Sethi