[icecast-dev] Access control for static file streaming

Phil Kerr philkerr at elec.gla.ac.uk
Mon May 20 07:53:02 PDT 2002

Hi list,

I've had a play around with static.c and added access control (using
Postgres) for static file streaming.

The code is still v. rough as I wrote it whilst dying in bed with flu
last week so I'm a bit reluctant to release it until it's had a tidy-up.

Access is granted by appending a session id to the url which is stripped
and checked to see if the session id lives in the DB (below).

http://server:8000/file/medianame.mp3?sid=58e04c61045d96684d96d1998a5e82a2

Directory browsing has been disabled otherwise you can just walk around
it :)

Next to change is the removing of the filename and replacing it with a
resource id which can be matched against a filename in the DB.

Are these useful features for others?  Any suggestions for further
development?

Phil

--
Phil Kerr                                   Centre for Music Technology
Researcher                	                     Glasgow University