[icecast-dev] Second patch again CVS version

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Fri Mar 22 13:24:52 PST 2002

> It the first problem I found when I started to use the server and the reason
> I began to modify it. The patch is sock.diff

I still don't understand the problem, nor have I reproduced it.

We shouldn't need to check the status of the socket before we call
send().  If there were any send errors, we would have seen them after
the last call to send().  Even if we didn't, it shouldn't affect future
calls (at worst, they will fail again).

I think the behavior you were seeing was cuased by the next bug:

> > > - Solved a bug in source.c, when checking for recoverable error. It has
> > > to be done _only_ when result < 0.

I did look over source.c and you were correct.  I have fixed this in
CVS.

I'm not sure why I didn't see this before, or why it didn't cause more
problems, but then again, apparently it did for you.

jack.