[icecast-dev] Install to different directory (bsd)

Likai Liu news at likai.net
Thu Jul 18 09:39:58 PDT 2002

Paul Simon wrote:

>Is there any easy way to direct the makefile to install into a different
>path?  I don't have write access to /usr - I'd like to install it into a
>subfolder in my userdir.

You need to run the configure script with appropriate --prefix argument,
and then it should generate the correct makefiles for you. Then you can
do a make install and the files should go to where you want them to be.

for example:
./configure --prefix=~/opt/icecast
make && make install

hope this helps.