[icecast-dev] Some diffs to libshout for MacOSX

Stephen Brandon stephen at brandonitconsulting.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 10:26:32 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm part of a project developing the open source SndKit and MusicKit, which
are ObjC frameworks originally from NeXTSTEP, but now on MacOSX and GNUstep.

We use libshout.a in part of the SndKit to enable us to schedule and process
audio to get sent to shoutcast/icecast servers - pretty cool.

Anyway, when compiling libshout on MacOSX it fails because it does not have
sys/poll.h, but uses select() instead of poll().

I have therefore made some changes/additions to libshout/configure.in to
autodetect the presence of sys/poll.h. In sock.c, I use #ifdef statements to
then use the select() or poll() behaviour depending on the presence of the
sys/poll.h header.

I have attached 2 diff files: one for configure.in, and one for sock.c.

I hope that these meet with your approval -- and if so, could you please put
them into your CVS ASAP, because we are now starting to rely on libshout.a
for all our developers/users, and it's a pain to compile on MacOSX without
these changes.

ps I got hold of libshout via the ices 0.2.2 source package. Is libshout
going to remain as a part of that package?

Cheers,
Stephen Brandon
stephen at brandonitconsulting.co.uk