[icecast-dev] Why doesn't yp.icecast.org show my stream?

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Feb 19 16:01:43 PST 2002

Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> writes:
> I assume the public flag is not set for that source.  I don't see it in
> there.

Ah ha! I think I found the problem. Remember my setup is:

 xmms -> darkice 0.7 -> relay icecast server -> main icecast server

                              +->to other networks

Darkice has:

  public = yes

So I check darkice:

Icecast.cpp:
    str = "\nx-audiocast-public: ";
    sink->write( str, strlen( str));
    str = getIsPublic() ? "yes" : "no";
    sink->write( str, strlen( str));

and then icecast:
   else if (ice_strncmp(command, "x-audiocast-public", 18) == 0)
         source->audiocast.public = atoi (arg);

So icecast expects "1" or "0" while darkice writes "yes" or "no".
I'll patch darkice right quick to verify.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

If your own vice happens to be the search for virtue,
                             recognize that it is so.