[icecast-dev] Why doesn't yp.icecast.org show my stream?

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Feb 19 14:39:07 PST 2002

Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> writes:
> What are you trying to do that you get that error?

I sent an improperly formatted URL to your server. I've corrected this
since. =)

> id=69 is the normal success code.  You'd get -1 if it failed I think.
> What's your ip address?  I'll go check the logs.

The ip address of my streaming server is 216.133.255.2

> Other people are being added fine, since they all got relisted after i
> purged the database.  So I'm guessing I'm not escaping something
> correctly that is in your variables, or the fields are too short, or
> something.

That could be. I am still understanding this system, how do you get
the genre information in? It's not in the initial query, so I'm
assuming that once you get a touch, you connect to the streaming
server to find the genre.

I've taken the liberty of dumping the query from icecast:

QUERY: GET /cgi-bin/touch?force=0&name=music1.jetcafe.org&type=icecast&version=
1.3.11&port=8000&listeners=0&maxlisteners=19&maxstreamlisteners=19&alt=0&ast=0&
maxsources=3&url=mightyd at jetcafe.org&loca">http://www.jetcafe.org/kjetcafe&email=mightyd@jetcafe.org&loca</a>
tion=JetCafe%20Studios%2C%20Altadena%20CA HTTP/1.0
Host: yp.icecast.org

I used the same conf file as my live streamer (running now with
listeners) but not the same binary on the same machine. This should
still give you an idea.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Where drums beat, laws are silent.