[icecast-dev] Icecast2?

Likai Liu news at likai.net
Tue Feb 19 09:09:07 PST 2002

Ricardo Galli wrote:

>On 19/02/02 06:14, Jack Moffitt shaped the electrons to say:
>
>>Good point.  I will make this configurable in the end.  6 seconds is too
>>little.  I'll see what I can do to track by seconds instead of buffers.
>>

>It's partially done in the patch I've sent you, completelly done in my
>current version... I can send you the second patch, you will save some work.

how is the calculation being done? do you extract the bitrate from the
stream data, or do you use a different method? I'd advocate *that*
different method though. actually, what i mean is, since we have the
stat of the source stream about the time it has connected and the number
of bytes it has read from the encoder, we can use this to calculate the
bitrate instead of trying to extract hard info from stream. this will
work with many things in general, including VBR (we're now taking the
average bitrate, not a particular bitrate of a frame). let me know if
this is how you do it ...

liulk