[icecast-dev] icecast 2 on solaris 2.6

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Thu Aug 29 15:54:06 PDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend of mine who works at a big ISP here in Belgium
to get icecast2 compiled on solaris 2.6.

We jumped some hoops in getting the relevant tools, and then started
compiling (using gcc and GNU make).

I go a bunch of syntax errors because of some identifier involving
pthreads.

I can give a more detailed bug report when I have access to the machine,
but I did some checking and the struct that icecast wanted wasn't in
/usr/include/pthread.h

So, my questions are

a) has anyone ever tried to compile icecast 2 on solaris 2.6 ?
b) what version of pthread is needed to get icecast 2 to work ?
c) how can I tell what the version is on solaris ?
d) is this solaris pthread library the same as the pthread library that's
now gone into glibc ?

Thanks,
Thomas

Don't you see that my heart's on fire
wicked wings that you spread round me sometimes
All I know is we've got to aim higher
Babe I wish that we'd go for the great escape
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->