[icecast-dev] cvs changes

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Oct 21 07:12:59 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Michael Smith wrote:

> >stream.c:208: warning: passing arg 1 of `shout_strerror' makes pointer from integer without a cast
> >stream.c:208: too few arguments to function `shout_strerror'
> >make[2]: *** [stream.o] Error 1
>
> You probably didn't do a 'make install' on libshout, so it was picking
> up the old (wrong) headers. This was a minor api change.

Yeah I did.  but just to be sure, I did another update on everything,
rebuilt libshout, installed it in /usr2/friends/geoff, checked the date
stamps on the lib and the header to make sure they actually installed,
reconfigured ices and tried make again.  The stream.c errors persist.

./configure --with-shout-prefix=/usr2/friends/geoff      is putting the
following in Makefile:

LIBS =  -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm -L/lib -logg -L/lib -lvorbis -lm -lvorbisenc -L/usr2/friends/geoff/lib -lshout
SHOUT_CFLAGS = -I/usr2/friends/geoff/include
SHOUT_LIBS = -L/usr2/friends/geoff/lib -lshout

SHOUT_CFLAGS and SHOUT-LIBS also appear in src/Makefile as shown above.  Is
this proof enough that the right files are being called or do I need to
look further?

> >This looked like an api change issue, so I did another update on libshout
> >and ices to be doubly sure I had the latest of everything.  I recompiled
> >libshout and tried again to do ices.  Michael must be working on it because
> >it bombed earlier this time:
>
> Jack's changes. Maybe you got it mid-way between a few changes?
> I did a full rebuild of everything a couple of hours ago, and it
> all works fine.

hmmm.  don't know what produced those other errors, they seem to have gone
(at least for now).  My updates didn't seem to change anything, though.

Geoff.