[icecast-dev] cvs changes

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Oct 21 05:24:27 PDT 2001

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> I changed the libshout2 and thread module apis.  This broke everything.
> If you are tracking CVS, make sure to update your libshout2 and the
> thread module.  Ices2 and Icecast2 already uses these new changes, which
> were implemented as part of general cleanup and getting Solaris builds
> out of clean tarballs.
>
> If anyone is having build issues now, on linux or solaris, please let me
> know.

I probably wouldn't have reported this as it looks like things are
changing, but you said to so I am.  I am getting errors compiling ices.
Note that I haven't tried to compile ices2 before.  Here's what I did:

I checked out icecast, libshout and ices about a month ago, so I did a
"cvs update -P -d" in all 3 trees earlier today.  I'm doing this on a
systtem that also has icecast 1.x and libshout 1.x, so I have to be very
careful that it links against the right version of libshout.  So I did the
following:

cd /usr2/friends/geoff/libshout
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr2/friends/geoff
make
make install

this all seemed to go well.

cd ../ices
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-shout-prefix=/usr2/friends/geoff

I then checked that Makefile and src/Makefile were pointing to the right
places and it all looked correct.

make

Here's where I hit trouble.  The relevant part of the output is:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/usr2/friends/geoff/ices/src'
gcc -DPACKAGE=\"ices\" -DVERSION=\"2.0\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1  -I. -I.  -Inet -Ithread -Iavl -Ilog -Itiming -DHAVE_OSS   -I/usr/include/libxml -I/usr/include  -O20 -ffast-math -fsigned-char -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -c stream.c
stream.c: In function `ices_instance_stream':
stream.c:151: warning: passing arg 1 of `shout_strerror' makes pointer from integer without a cast
stream.c:151: too few arguments to function `shout_strerror'
stream.c:185: warning: passing arg 1 of `shout_strerror' makes pointer from integer without a cast
stream.c:185: too few arguments to function `shout_strerror'
stream.c:208: warning: passing arg 1 of `shout_strerror' makes pointer from integer without a cast
stream.c:208: too few arguments to function `shout_strerror'
make[2]: *** [stream.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/usr2/friends/geoff/ices/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/usr2/friends/geoff/ices/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This looked like an api change issue, so I did another update on libshout
and ices to be doubly sure I had the latest of everything.  I recompiled
libshout and tried again to do ices.  Michael must be working on it because
it bombed earlier this time:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/usr2/friends/geoff/ices/src'
gcc -DPACKAGE=\"ices\" -DVERSION=\"2.0\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1  -I. -I.  -Inet -Ithread -Iavl -Ilog -Itiming -DHAVE_OSS   -I/usr/include/libxml -I/usr/include  -O20 -ffast-math -fsigned-char -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -c input.c
input.c:255: macro `thread_create' used with only 4 args
make[2]: *** [input.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/usr2/friends/geoff/ices/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/usr2/friends/geoff/ices/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Geoff.