[icecast-dev] launch liveice from another application

ricard at libertysurf.fr ricard at libertysurf.fr
Mon May 28 02:28:41 PDT 2001

(second edition, with a subject)

Hi.
I want to create a graphic interface for both icecasts'
and liveices' configurations. I've inclued a button to
launch icecast in a xterm and liveice in another xterm.
Here is the code when the button is pressed:

pid = fork();
if (pid == 0)
{
  sleep(3);
  system("xterm -e /home/bertrand/tmp/liveice/liveice");
}
else if (pid > 0)
{
  system("xterm -e /usr/local/icecast/bin/icecast");
 }

There is no problem with icecast, but the liveice's xterm
closes itself just after his appearance.

Can anybody help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
      Bertrand Ricard.