[icecast-dev] icecast2 core dump

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Jun 24 07:11:50 PDT 2001

Hi all:

I checked out icecast2 from bitkeeper (man I hate that program ... why are
we using it anyway?  and how do you do an update?).  I checked it out
sometime in the first week of June.  It's run happily since June 8, day in
and day out ... until 18:34 EDT yesterday when it dumped core.  GDB has the
following not-so-helpful things to say about it:

(gdb) core-file core
Core was generated by `./ice2 -c ./ice2.xml'.
#0  0x4012b9fe in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x4012b9fe in ?? ()
#1  0x804d00b in ?? ()
#2  0x804ef02 in ?? ()
#3  0x40083c9f in ?? ()

Is there anything else I can do to help troubleshoot this?  I know I'd had
a lot of connects.  Maybe some quantity was significant?  there's no log
entries immediately before the dump.  I know one guy was going to try
testing it but don't know if he did or not and now of course I can't see
the stats.xml (can I?).

Anyway, I thought you'd want to know and wondered if you could shed any
light on it.

Geoff.