[icecast-dev] IceCast 1.3.11: Segmentation Violation in Linux

Kenyon, Paul pkenyon at CSOURCEKC.COM
Wed Aug 8 13:24:14 PDT 2001

*sigh*  Yes, you're right...  It _has_ been a few years.  My drive is
filling up and all, I probably have tons of old/vulnerable daemons, so
it's probably time for a fresh install.  I'll let you know what turns
up!

-P

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Moffitt [mailto:jack at xiph.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 1:29 PM
To: Kenyon, Paul
Cc: icecast-dev at xiph.org
Subject: Re: [icecast-dev] IceCast 1.3.11: Segmentation Violation in
Linux

> Linux poseidon 2.2.15 #1 SMP Wed Mar 21 16:48:40 CST 2001 i686 unknown
> libc version is 5.4.46

Not to be a bummer and blow you off, but we won't be supporting libc5.
It's too old and too busted to make it worth it.

If the problem turns out to be easy to fix, we'll fix it.  If it looks
like a libc5 bug, you're out of luck.

libc5 has _many_ thread problems.  So do some old libc6's.

Why oh Why are you using libc5 anyway?  Do you have some box that's not
been rebooted in 4 years? :)

jack.

'icecast-dev-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
needed.