[foms] One month to go to FOMS 2018

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 11:07:18 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

It's one month to FOMS 2018 - I can hardly believe it!
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2018/

Here are the things you need to know.

Registration
==========
There now have only 9 tickets left, so go register ASAP.

Topics
======
I have a personal goal this year to get commitments from browser vendors on
what features to implement interoperably for WebVTT. But there are
many more things to discuss.

Please go to
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2018/pmwiki.php/Site/PositionStatements
and add your own discussion topics (pw: "secretFoms") to the growing list.

Dates & Location
==============
FOMS will take place on 15th & 16th October at Ellation Headquarters: 835
Market St, San Francisco. That's the two days before Demuxed.

Michael is getting us some extra break-out rooms so we can scale
better with less interfering noise.

Preparations
===========
As every year, please be prepared for the Position Statements at the
beginning of the 2 days of FOMS.
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2018/pmwiki.php/Site/Schedule

At the beginning of FOMS, all participants provide an introductory
statement that answers the following questions:
1. Who are you?
2. What do you work on?
3. What are your current challenges / what do you expect from FOMS?
No need for slides for this one - it's an introduction round.

So please be prepared for these.

The rest of the workshop is planned as usual in unconference style
depending on the discussion topics identified in the position
statements.

PRESENTATIONS
===============
We have some spots for presentations to break up the discussion
sessions a bit this year since we run for 2 days, so if you have
something really fundamental that you'd like to bring to the table,
let us know.

DINNER
========
Please reserve you evening on the first night for a joint dinner -
we're currently planning the details.

COMMUNITY
We've a couple of community developers that are participating, but
there is still some sponsorship money available. If you have
particular open source developers in mind that you would like to meet,
send them my way (silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com).

Looking forward to meeting you all at FOMS again!

Cheers,
Silvia & Michael.
---
FOMS Organising Committee