[foms] 6 more sleeps until FOMS

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:58:54 UTC 2018

[This is a double up from Eventbrite - simply because not everyone is
on both lists. Just making sure. :-)]

Hi everyone,

FOMS is already next week!!!
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2018/

Here is your final information.

Dates & Location
==============
15th & 16th October (the two days before Demuxed)
at Ellation Headquarters:
835 Market St, San Francisco - entrance just next to the Westfield

!!! Dinner !!!
============
We'll reveal our dinner plans on Monday morning.
PLEASE LET US KNOW NOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL MEAL REQUIREMENTS
Keep your Monday evening free - it will be awesome!

Registration
==========
There is a single professional ticket left - we'll be 85 people this year!

Attendees
========
I've finally gotten around to listing all attendees:
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2018/pmwiki.php/Site/Attendees
If you're not on this list, please add yourself and make sure your
colleague has ordered your ticket.

Topics
=====
Please go to
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2018/pmwiki.php/Site/PositionStatements
and add your discussion topics (pw: "secretFoms") to the growing list.

We'll continue to do the un-conference style workshop planning at the
beginning of FOMS, but it's good for you to think about this now.

Preparations
===========
Talking about the beginning: please be prepared for the position statements.
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2018/pmwiki.php/Site/Schedule

We start with all participants providing an introductory statement
that answers the following questions:
1. Who are you?
2. What do you work on?
3. What are your current challenges / what do you expect from FOMS?

No need for slides but come prepared!

Sponsors
========
I can't leave you without mentioning our sponsors. Without the money
that Google, Bitmovin and Mux have provided this year, we would not be
able to hold the workshop.

Have a safe trip and see you on Monday!

Cheers,
Silvia + Michael.