[foms] FOMS 2017 update

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 10:20:36 UTC 2017

Hi all,

FOMS is now only a couple of weeks away - I hope you've got your
travels sorted! :-)

We already have 61 registrations with people from multiple organisations:

About browser vendors: we have great representations from Google and
Mozilla, and I'm hoping Apple will join us again. If somebody has
connections to media developers in Microsoft or Opera (or other
browser for that matter), do invite them! We will find a spot for them
even though tickets are already low!

We've made an extra effort to invite open source/community developers
and are very happy about some of the extra people we're able to fly in
from GStreamer, Matroska, VideoLAN and other projects.

We'll be asking a few people to provide us with presentations to break
up the discussion sessions a bit this year since we run for 2 days
this year.

Other than that, we will be asking everyone the standard position
statement questions at the beginning of every FOMS:
1. Who are you?
2. What do you work on?
3. What are your current challenges / what do you expect from FOMS?
No need for slides for this one - it's an introduction round.

The rest of the workshop is planned as usual in unconference style
depending on the discussion topics identified in the position

Please reserve you evening on the first night for a joint dinner -
we're currently planning the details.

Looking forward to meeting you all at FOMS again!

Silvia & Michael.
FOMS Organising Committee