[foms] FOMS proceedings

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 20:43:17 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

The 2016 FOMS event is finished and we now have the photo and proceedings up:

http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2016/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2016/pmwiki.php/Site/Schedule

Click through the sessions to get to the notes.
This one seems specifically interesting for your local meetups:
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2016/pmwiki.php/Site/Session6C-Meetups

My personal take on FOMS2016:

This year's focus was on reviewing the state of MSE, EME and video
player features and deciding on the next frontiers - turns out,
captions seem to be one of them, and codecs, and quality metrics, and
compatible implementations.

It seems to me we need to get back to our roots and invite more open
source software/codec developers as well as extend our browser base -
we'd really love to see Microsoft participate.

Thanks everyone for attending!

Cheers,
Silvia & Michael.