[foms] Fwd: Materials from the VP9 Summit

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Mon Nov 18 14:49:42 PST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Materials from the VP9 Summit
Date: 	Fri, 10 May 2013 20:58:59 -0400
From: 	Matt Frost <mfrost at google.com>
To: 	undisclosed-recipients:@google.com

Hi:

Thanks again to all of you who helped to make our VP9 Summit such a success.

As we promised, here are copies of the presentations we used at the
summit. We have provided them in .pdf form.

The presentations contain VP9 video demos that will only play back in
the latest /*development version*/ of Chrome, which you can download
here <http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel>. The VP9
YouTube demos will play back in earlier versions of Chrome and other
browsers, but you'll need the latest dev version to see the videos in VP9.

Video clips aside, we reviewed the /.pdf/s using the /.pdf/ reader in
Chrome. To ensure that the formatting comes out as expected, we suggest
that you view the slides in Chrome.

We released a blog pos
<http://blog.webmproject.org/2013/05/vp9-codec-nears-completion.html>t
today updating readers on the VP9 Summit and our plans for closing the
VP9 bitstream spec by June 17. Please do read the blog post and
subscribe to our mailing lists to make sure that you are kept up to date
on developments around VP9. In addition, please take a moment to review
Paul Wilkins's latest post
<https://groups.google.com/a/webmproject.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/webm-discuss/UzoX7owhwB0>

on the /webm-discuss/ mailing list.

Matt