[foms] FOMS 2013

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Sun Apr 21 21:28:10 PDT 2013

There is also the IBC that some folks from last years FOMS were also attending. Here is their schedule:
http://www.ibc.org/page.cfm/Action=VCalendarIndex

IBC, is of course not on the west coast though ;)

IBC is also kind of corporate, but much bigger than Streaming media west, and perhapse more cross pollination friendly, with a broader focus than entertainment online video platforms. I am not sure what an IBC, companion would look like, may be worthwhile to explore.

If the dates work out, folks can just as easily double up with VLC being in paris, so VLC might be easier to link up with in that case.

Other west cost conferences:

Oscon, good for lots of open source double up, but in July, so not much time.

The google mentor summit, may get some people in the area, but maybe not as much multimedia dev people now days that open source community organizer is a title.

WebKit contributors meeting might have been good to get some input from the alway mysterious apple devs,  but happening May 1st.

 -michael
sent from mobile