[foms] The State of HTML5 Video

이현재 hj08.lee at lge.com
Tue Jan 31 21:02:00 PST 2012

Hi,

I was a little bit lurking this mailing list but very actively following
the discussion since last year.

The report posted here seems very interesting. While I read through it, I
got hit a few questions and comments.

I’d like to ask your feedback. Any opinion/feedback would be highly
appreciated.

1>   PC vs. Mobile HTML5 market share : Mobile market share is pretty small
in this report. Does this mean almost all mobile browsers are just html4?

2>   Adaptive streaming requirement is now under discussion in W3C web and
TV. Minimal requirement goes first. What technology (DASH, MS SS, Apple
HLS) will be based is softly touched. As for now, the discussion scope is
only requirement level. Actual design/implementation seems to be
transferred to HTML5 WG. But HTML5 WG also seems very dormant. -_-; Is WHAT
WG more active? What do you think?

3>

Best regards,

HJ / LG electronics